Indian food is famous due to its variety of spices. Most of the population of India is vegetarian and follow Hinduism. Their meals are opulent with vibrant herbs and contain a wide range of herbs. The simple Indian diet plan is emphasizing the high dosage of herbs, vegetables, lentils, and fruits. For non-vegetarians, they also consume the small portion of meat. Basic Indian Diet focuses on whole-ingredients that promote optimal health.
The religion of Hindu people has great influence on their diet. Researchers show that most of the vegetarian people are suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
Additionally, plant-based diets can reduce the risk of heart diseases, diabetes, colon cancer, and breast cancer. Indian diet may not help in chronic diseases, but it can surely encourage weight loss.
What types of foods are included in Indian Diet?
Indian diet is full of different recipes. It is enriched with essential nutrients like grains, lentils, healthy fats, vegetables, and dairy products. Most of the people in India are following the vegetarian diet. Instead of meat, people start to use dairy products in their diet plans to fulfill their needs of protein. That’s why people are fortified to follow the lactovegetarian diet. In this diet plan all the poultry products, seafood, and fish are discouraged from eating.
What to eat in lacto-vegetarian diet plan? It is an important question. For a healthy lacto-vegetarian diet it’s essential to make the focus on vegetables, fruits, lentils, dairy products and the natural source of fats like olive oil and coconut oil.
Indian food is prominent in the world of food due to its variety of spices. Fenugreek, turmeric, cumin, ginger, garlic, and coriander are the vanguard spices of traditional Indian food. These ingredients are not only added rich flavor in food but also promote different health benefits.
Healthy Foods to Eat on Indian Diet:
When you are following an Indian Lacto-vegetarian diet, then there are many of the interesting choices that you can make. Create different combinations of vegetables, fats, beverages, and spices and add them to your daily diet.
Here I want to share top ingredients that you can follow on an Indian lacto-vegetarian. Take a look on the list:
- Fruits: include different fruits in your daily routine. Fruits contain those essential nutrients that play an important role in the weight loss. Add fruits such as mango, pomegranate, papaya, tamarind, lychee, apples, bananas, guava, oranges, plums, pears, etc.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are the full source of low-carbohydrates. You can add plenty of vegetables in your daily diets such as eggplant, mustard green, onion, cauliflower, okra and many more. Try to add more green vegetables to your dieting plans.
- Herbs: herbs are the primary source of energy in an Indian traditional diet plan. Use plenty amount of parsley, coriander, ginger, and many other herbs.
- Nuts & Seeds: try to add a sufficient amount of nuts & seeds in your daily diet plant. You can use almonds, pumpkin seeds, pistachio, chickpeas, pulses, etc.
- Whole grains: most important part of the diet. Add brown rice, basmati rice, buckwheat, corn, whole-grain bread, sorghum, etc.
- Dairy: add different dairy products like kefir, milk, butter, cheese, etc.
Add short snacks as meals in your daily routine and make the combination herbs and spices.