- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Pinch of black pepper
- 3 chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz. spinach (optional) can use arugula or any green leafy vegetable
- Mix all the herb butter ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- Cover with plastic and set aside until the chicken is done.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Season both sides of each breast with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan over medium.
- Place chicken into the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches a safe 165 degrees F.
- Add the spinach to the pan and cook while stirring until wilted.
- Plate the greens, top with the chicken and finish each serving with a generous dollop of the lemon herb butter.