This lovely dessert is low-carb, grain-free, and no sugar. It is perfect for the spring when the rhubarb and strawberry have just been freshly harvested. I couldn’t keep this recipe to myself, so I decided to share it with you today!
Strawberry rhubarb crumble is one of the family’s favorite desserts. If you are following a keto diet, then you should surely give this a try.
If you are allergic or any other family member is allergic to almonds, you don’t have to use the almond flour. When it comes to taste, I used the Swerve as the sweetener, but you use any other sweetener that you prefer. How much you will add to the recipe, depends on your personal taste.
How to Prepare Keto Strawberry & Rhubarb Crumble
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yields: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, frozen and finely sliced
- 1 and 1/ 2 cups chopped rhubarb (about 2 to 3 stalks)
- 1/ 4 cup Swerve (or stevia extract, or other healthy low-carb sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/ 2 cup almond flour
- 1/ 4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 6 tablespoon melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/ 4 walnuts or pecans, finely diced
- 1/ 4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/ 4 cup Swever or any other low-carb sweetener
- 1/ 2 cup vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the filling ingredients until well-incorporated. Ensure you lightly sprinkle the xantham gum while stirring occasionally, so that it is evenly spread and does not clump. When done, reserve the bowl.
- Meanwhile, make the crumble topping by mixing together all the remaining ingredients until well combined (crumble using your hands).
- Place on the baking tray and cover tinfoil. Transfer to the oven and bake for around 20 minutes.
- Remove the tinfoil and bake for another 20 minutes or until the crumble topping is evenly browned.
- When done, remove the dish from the oven and let cool completely before serving.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge.
Nutritional Facts (per serving)
Net carbs: 3.5g
Calories: 230 kcal
Fat: 14.6 g
Total carbs: 8.7 g
Protein: 4.5 g