Prepare time: 20 min
Cook: 2 hr 30 min
Ready in: 2 hr 50 min
Pair this delicious dish with a risotto and a nice bottle of wine. This Italian favorite is easy to make and sure to impress your guests or your family, even the love of your life.
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup Limoncello
- 3 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/8 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 Large Eggs
- Unsalted butter, for buttering the casserole dish
- 5 cups Challah (about 8 oz.)
- In a small saucepan, you combine the cloves with the cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon, and 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Don’t forget to add the fish, return to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and poach the fish until cooked through about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cover the potatoes with generously salted water in a medium saucepan, let it boil, and cook for about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let them cool completely.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl with the fish along with the bread crumbs, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, and chilly, season with salt, and lightly mash the potatoes with the other ingredients until evenly combined. Form the mixture into six 3-inch-wide, 3⁄4-inch-thick patties.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the patties and cook, flipping once, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Transfer the fish patties to a serving platter and serve while hot with mint chutney on the side.
Photo by Eaters Collective on Unsplash