This low-carb and gluten-free chicken parmesan casserole dish is very delicious. And has become a favorite meal in my family – everyone loves it. It is delicious in every way.
Chicken Parmesan is one of the most popular dishes you will find on the menu of almost every Italian restaurant. Everyone loves Chicken Parmesan. Low-carb Chicken Parmesan is one trend – it is fast and easy to make – you should surely give it a try.
The Chicken Parmesan Casserole is an astonishing family dinner recipe which brings all the flavors you are looking for in just 10 minutes of prep or even less. This recipe is an easy-oven-ready freezer meal.
How to Make a Simple Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 to 6 servings
For the Chicken
- 1 and 1/ 2 pounds boneless-skinless chicken breasts, around 3 to 4 large breasts halves
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, for frying
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/ 4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/ 4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/ 2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/ 2 cup grated parmesan cheese
For the Casserole
- 2 cups low-carb Marinara sauce, I prefer Rao’s
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/ 2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/ 4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/ 4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash, well-drained
- Freshly chopped basil, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2-inches pieces.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs – the bowl should be shallow enough to hold a piece of chicken.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the parmesan cheese, almond flour, salt and pepper, garlic powder, granulated onion, oregano, dried basil, and dried parsley.
- When the skillet is hot enough, add the olive oil and start…
- Using a fork or your hands, dip the pieces of chicken, one at a time in the egg solution, starting from largest to smallest pieces. Ensure that both sides are coated well. Let the excess drip off, and then place it on the breading mixture. Also, make sure that all sides are covered thoroughly.
- Using a fork, pick it up and gently place it in skillet. And let the breaded chicken cook for around 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. When ready, remove to a paper towel lined plated. Repeat the process for all of the chicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, salt, ground black pepper, dried parsley, and spaghetti squash. Toss until well incorporated. Spread the squash mixture on the bottom of 9 x 9-inches baking pan.
- Then spread the cooked chicken pieces over the top of the squash mixture.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes, while uncovered.
- Remove from the oven and spoon the marinara sauce over the squash and chicken pieces.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into pieces and sprinkle them on top of the chicken. Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes, so that the cheese melts nicely and the chicken finishes cooking.
- When done, remove from the oven and serve immediately. Garnish with freshly chopped basil.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
Calories: 350 kcal